The Aruba Guide
Your link could be here, click here to find out how....
Aruba - The origins of the population and location of the island give Aruba a mixed culture. Dutch influence can still be seen, even though not much of the population is of Dutch origin. Tourism from the United States has recently also increased the visibility of American culture on the island. Queen Beatrix International Airport, located near Oranjestad, currently serves the whole island of Aruba. This airport has access to various cities across the eastern U.S., from Miami, Orlando, Houston, Atlanta to New York. It also connects Aruba with Europe through Schiphol Airport in the Netherlands.
There is a wide spectrum of accommodation types in Aruba. They range from five star hotels, to beach side huts and hammocks. True lovers of this island may even want to consider an Aruba Timeshare. This secures a week long stay every year, and saves money in the long run. You can also find timeshare rentals online. These facilities are typically up to date, and offer superior amenities. They are also a great jump off point to explore local attractions. Many can coordinate tours and trips. You may be looking for a week that coincides with local events or festivals.
The holiday of Carnival is an important one in Aruba, as it is in many Caribbean and Latin American countries. Carnival is usually held from the beginning of January until the end of February, with a large parade on the final Sunday of the festivities.
- Arts and Entertainment
- Business and Economy
- Maps and Views
- News and Media
- Real Estate
- Recreation and Sports
- Aruba Boardsailing Productions - Windsurfing operator offering accommodations, also organizes Aruba Hi-winds Pro-Am event.
- Aruba Island Dream Excursions - Information on kayaking, diving, and trimaran sailing trips.
- Birds of Aruba - Bird highlights, birding sites, checklist, trip reports, field guide recommendations, trip reports, photos, and tourist resources.
- Rancho Daimari - Offers horseback riding and all terrain vehicle tours of Aruba as well as paintball adventure games.
- Ecco - Souvenirs and gifts. Features contact details.
- Vibes - Local art, gifts, and souvenirs. Features photos, product information, and location details.
- Society and Culture